Developing and utilizing green building practices is a vital part of our commitment to improving the communities where we live, work and play.
Our team includes LEED accredited professionals, trained in offering creative solutions to reduce water consumption, minimize waste, enhance indoor air quality and incorporate alternative energy sources for every project. These experts manage the LEED building certification process and carry it through to completion.
As communities become more aware of the advantages in sustainable practices, we help suggest practical solutions that meet, and succeed, environmental goals. Increasing costs of energy prices, building materials, and regulatory incentives are also pushing the green-building market to grow and expand.
- Geothermal systems
- Solar panels/power
- Wind power
- Green roof systems
- Bio-retention and bio-detention
- Green storm water management
- Recycling efforts
- Green-site development
- Grey-water systems
Our past sustainable construction practices have also been recognized by Wisconsin Builder magazine earning Findorff an Environmentalist of the Year award.
At Findorff, we practice what we preach. When building our Milwaukee and Madison offices, we utilized sustainable building techniques, including cork floor tiles and advanced methods designed to reduce solar heat, gain and maximize natural light, as well as reduce cooling efforts.
We’re also surpassing industry standards by making it regular practice to recycle waste materials on every project. Findorff is a proud member of the Wisconsin Green Building Alliance and an active supporter of WasteCap Wisconsin and the Madison Environmental Group.
For our commitment to environmental sustainability, we’ve received recognition including:
- Environmentalist of the Year – Wisconsin Builder Magazine
- Environmental Excellence Award for the Mazzuchelli Center project – AGC of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Business Friend of the Environment Award – Madison Environmental Group
- Preservation Awards for the Tobacco Warehouse Lofts, St. Raphael Cathedral and First Unitarian Society restoration projects – Madison Trust for Historic Preservation
Findorff “Green” Facts
- Findorff is surpassing industry standards by recycling on every project we build.
- Findorff has constructed dozens of LEED Certified facilities and provides a wide range of training opportunities for in-house LEED Green Associates and Accredited Professionals.
- Findorff actively partners with local sustainable agencies such as Waste Cap Wisconsin and Madison Environmental Group.
- Findorff regularly hosts educational outreach programs related to Earth Day and other green building initiatives.
- Findorff is a proud member of the Wisconsin Green Building Alliance and US Green Building Council.